Full time, 3 months, London Living Wage.
Unlock Democracy is campaigning for a vibrant, inclusive democracy that puts power in the hands of the people. If you want to learn about running national campaigns and are able to work flexibly in a small team then we would love to hear from you. There will be some admin but you will also get the chance to develop a wide range of skills.
Unlock Democracy is a grassroots campaigning organisation owned and run by our members. As a campaigns intern you will help with both membership and campaigns tasks. You may have seen our campaigns on lobbying transparency, election expenses or electoral reform. You will have some campaigns experience, be passionate about political change and want to involve people in improving our democracy.
- Work alongside Unlock Democracy staff in every aspect of planning and running our campaigns and organisation.
- Draft campaigns related content from social media content to blogs and email copy.
- Help keep our members up to date with our campaigns, from data entry to responding to members queries about our campaigns.
- Develop your practical understanding of delivering national campaigns.
- Contributing to policy development through undertaking research, producing briefings
- Undertaking political and media monitoring, such as analyzing government white papers, debates and policy positions
All candidates must have some experience of campaigning and using social media for campaigning. This experience doesn’t need to come from paid work. It can be from work that you have done on a voluntary basis or in your own community. Some policy experience would also be welcomed, but isn't essential.
You must also:
- Be passionate about politics and the aims and values of Unlock Democracy.
- Be flexible, able to work in a small team and fit in where you are needed on any given day.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling you to work well with other team members and ask for help when it's needed.
- Have the ability to apply attention to detail whether the job is big or small.
- Be comfortable with using IT and able to learn new skills quickly.
- Have the ability to work proactively and independently, meet deadlines and prioritise tasks as well as mucking in to help the team.
- Ideally you will also have some graphic design skills to help share campaign messages through infographics and memes.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send a your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read our guidance on how to apply before submitting your application.
Deadline for applications: 24th April.