How to organise a Pankhurst Picnic
We’ve really are making it as easy as pick a date, a park and print out a sign for the day. We will happily do all the publicity and send out reminders to your guests!
Before the picnic
- Unlock Democracy will make a signup page for your event. You can find all of the Pankhurst Picnics happening across the country here
- We will send out emails to our supporters who live near to where you are holding your picnic, as well as promoting your event on our social media accounts.
- We can email people who’ve signed up to your event to remind them to come and after the event is done, we’ll happily send a thank you email on your behalf.
- The day before the event we will send you the final attendees list.
Before the picnic there are few things you can help us with but no pressure!
Help us redraft the copy for your event page - we will do our best but a local person's words are always stronger.
Send us a contact number we can use if people need to contact you on the day.
Print out a Pankhurst Picnic sign and a copy of the Conversation Starter (we will send you these a week before your event).
Keep your fingers crossed for sun, but make a backup plan just in case (is there a cafe nearby?)
On the day of the picnic
Right the big day has arrived - you've got your food now here is what you need to do.
Check the weather - do you need to move to plan B?
We suggest you arrive half an hour earlier than the event has been scheduled to start - just in case anyone turns up early.
Set up the picnic and any decorations you may have brought (maybe hold off eating all the sandwiches) - make sure your sign is visible.
Greet people as they arrive and encourage them to talk to fellow attendees.
Take pictures (and if you are on social media be noisy using #PankhurstPicnic).
After the picnic
- Send us some pictures of your picnic and if you feel confident we'd love you to write a blog about the day
- Feedback - this is the first year we are running these picnics across the country, tell us how we can improve!
At any point if you need any further support please email email@example.com