Proposer: Merseyside & West Cheshire Local Group
Unlock Democracy Notes
- The result of the Scottish Independence Referendum
Unlock Democracy Believes that
- One of the factors behind 45% of the Scottish voters supporting independence is the over-centralization of the United Kingdom to Westminster and Whitehall.
- In order to preserve the Union and best serve the interests of all of the citizens of the United Kingdom, Devolution and subsidiary must be implemented in a coherent manner.
- This constitutional reform can best be achieved with a Federated structure being introduced.
Unlock Democracy resolves
- To campaign for a decentralized and federated structure of governance for the United Kingdom.
The motion was carried.