Volunteer with Unlock Democracy.
Keeping the momentum going after the election - can you help support Unlock Democracy’s campaigns?
Almost half a million people signed our petition demanding that seats match votes in the aftermath of the General Election. To keep up this momentum in the campaign for fairer democracy, we need volunteers to help get the message out there!
Would you like to get stuck in with a plethora of campaigns centred around democratic reform and participation? There will be a big variety of tasks to try your hand at and once you are settled you can specialise in the areas that you are passionate about! As a volunteer you could be helping us with:
- Helping come up with ideas and content for our social media campaigns
- Conducting background research to inform our public facing campaigns
- Building local event invite lists and publicising them
- Drafting publicity emails and blogs for the Unlock Democracy website
We’re look for organised people with good communication and IT skills, who are committed to the aims and objectives of Unlock Democracy. Being confident on social media is a plus, but we are happy to show you the ropes.
Joining the team as a volunteer is a great opportunity to support and be a part of a national campaign. We promise you won’t be making the tea. We are a small staff team, based in London, working on a wide range of projects – there is always plenty to do, especially around election time.
We regret that we may not be able to respond to all applicants. Good luck!
How to apply?
The closing date is midnight 02nd September 2015. Please download and fill in the application form here. What we need to know:
- Why your knowledge and experience makes you the best candidate for the role?
- Why do you want to volunteer with Unlock Democracy?
- What would you like to get out volunteering with Unlock Democracy?
- How many days a week you would like to come in?
- What days of the week are you available to volunteer on?
- How long would you be able to volunteer with us for?
- When you would be able to start