Building Brexit Britain: Ideas to transform our nation
17:30 - 19:00 on Tuesday 2nd October
The Crompton Room at Austin Court
- George Freeman MP - Founder of the Capital Ideas Foundation and the Big Tent Ideas Festival
- Ed Cox - Director, Public Service and Communities at the RSA
- Kath Dalmeny - CEO, Sustain (the alliance for better food and farming)
- Sam Smethers - CEO, Fawcett Society
- John Strafford - Chairman, Campaign for Conservative Democracy
- Alexandra Runswick - Director, Unlock Democracy
What is the one idea that you think would build a better Britain?
Westminster's attention has been focussed on Brexit since the vote of June 2016. In her defining Lancaster speech the Prime Minister marked out Brexit as a moment to “take a step back and ask what kind of a country we want to be” after we leave the EU.
That’s what this event will aim to do. We’re taking a step back and bringing together panellists from a wide range of sectors to ask what we want for society now and for future generations to come.
This event will see panellists will pitch one idea that they think would shape the future of Britain for the better. But that’s just the start of the conversation - we’ll be inviting audience participants to have a go at pitching their own ideas as well.
The event will be hosted from 17:30 - 19:00 on Tuesday 2 October in the Crompton Room at Austin Court (IET Birmingham).
The venue is approximately a 5 minute walk from the main Conservative Party conference venue, the ICC Birmingham.
Food and drinks will be served at the event.
This event is taking place outside of the Conservative Party conference secure zone. You will therefore not need a conference pass to attend the event.