The Transparency of Lobbying, Non-party Campaigning and Trade Union Administration Bill has been sped through parliament but in even in that short amount of time, with your help we have:
- Organised over 2000 supporters to write to their MP demanding more scrutiny of the lobbying Bill.
- Built a media campaign with our Director, Alexandra Runswick speaking regularly to the press about why the Bill will actually make "transparency and lobbying worse in the UK" including guest spots on Radio 4s Today programme and the Daily Politics show
- Taken the campaign to parliament by giving evidence to the Political Constitutional Reform Committee, ensuring all MPs and Peers were briefed. Plus we even live tweeted the Gagging Bill debates.
- Helped launched both the Civil Society Commission who will be investigating the real impact the gagging law could have on campaigning and the 1% is not enough campaign highlighting the weakness of the government’s proposals and calling for a lobbying register that covers all professional lobbyists.
- Our volunteers have been busy making memes and infographics to get our campaign message out all over social media reaching over 25,000 people