Our Democracy Day 2017, taking place in London on Saturday 18 November, is a chance to come together with Unlock Democracy members and supporters, and discuss how we can make politics work for everyone.
This year, our AGM is taking place as part of Democracy Day 2017 - in the morning, members will have the opportunity to hear from our Director and Council about how Unlock Democracy is run, as well as having their say on the direction of our campaigns by voting on motions.
If you're a member, you can have your say at our AGM by voting on proposals, and holding your elected Council to account. You can download the documents for the AGM, including information on motions and a proxy vote form, by clicking here.
Members can vote by proxy. Download the proxy voting form and guidance notes (papers J and K) here and return it to the office at least 48 hours before the AGM to cast a proxy vote.
- Hear from our Director, Alex, on what Unlock Democracy has been working on in 2017 and what we'll be working on in the year ahead.
- Change the way Unlock Democracy works - submit and vote on policy motions and constitutional amendments.
- Hear from leading campaigners across the environment, human rights and trade justice movements on how we can stop the Repeal Bill being a power grab for the establishment.
- Get clued up on our Democratic Brexit report, and learn how to set up an Unlock Team in your area to campaign for the proposals.
- If you’re able to stay for the early evening, join us for an informal discussion in the pub led by a leading expert on lobbying and the influence of dark money in our politics.Share your ideas and experiences in discussion workshops
AGM: Saturday 18th November, 9:45am - 1pm
Democracy Day: 1pm - 5pm
Tenth Anniversary celebration: 6pm - 8pm
Saw Swee Hock Centre
London School of Economics
1 Sheffield Street
How to get there:
London Underground to Holborn (Central and Piccadilly lines) or Temple (Circle and District lines)