- Fair, Open and Honest Elections
- Taking Big Money out of Politics
- Rights, Freedoms and a Written Constitution
- Stronger Parliament and Accountable Government
- Bringing Power Closer to the People
- A Culture of Informed Political Interest and Responsibility
Unlock Democracy exists to put power in the hands of the people. We believe that a vibrant, inclusive democracy makes everyone’s lives better.
We are owned an run by our members. For more information about what we stand for and how we work, see our purpose and constitution.
How are we funded?
Unlock Democracy is funded from three main sources: subscriptions and donations from our members and supporters (which makes up roughly half of our income), grant income for specific projects from various foundations and trusts, and income from our subsidiary company Rodell Properties Ltd. Rodell Properties Ltd manages two small office buildings in central London, including 37 Grays' Inn Road. Unlock Democracy was founded in November 2007 following the merger of Charter 88 and the New Politics Network.